Job Description: Bus Driver
SCHOOL BUS DRIVER
Safely transport passengers in multiple types of vehicles, including those with manual and automatic transmissions.
- Drives a regular route, is a regular, spare or charter driver.
- Must read and understand street signs, route sheets and maps.
- Complete pre-trip and post-trip inspections of the bus, including child checks.
- Assists students in the loading and unloading process.
- Cooperates and communicates with school personnel, parents and students.
- Attendance at all safety and training meetings.
- Conducts emergency evacuation from the bus, including exiting from the emergency door.
- Opens and closes service doors and moves up and down steps multiple times daily.
- Cleans the insides of the bus including sweeping, dusting and cleaning windows. Cleans outside windows of the bus.
- Other specialized functions as required by contract.
Minimum Education & Certifications Required
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain CDL operator’s license with required endorsements.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must possess valid driver’s license for 3 years or longer.
- All driver applicants must pass a background check and drug test.
Experience & Skills Required
- Good verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work early morning hours.
- Must be able to work without direct supervision.
Ready to be part of the team?
Click the button below to create an account on our online careers page and submit your application!
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.